3 Partners In Shopping, Nana, Mommy & Sissy

Thanks for stopping by!

My Button

My Button

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Twelve Houses by Olga Soaje Book Review

********
 
 


Title: Twelve Houses
Author: Olga Soaje
Published: November 28, 2013
Print Length: 264 pages
Format: eBook
Genre: Contemporary Fiction DESCRIPTION:What will she do now? Amelia Weiss wakes up alone, with the body of her husband cold beside her, dead. She cannot believe he has left her when he swore he never would. It is almost as if she is nothing without him.
But this novel is not about a man’s death. It is about a woman coming back to life. Slowly, painfully, a sensitive artist and mother makes new connections, finds new occupations, and rediscovers her place in the world.
Raised to believe a widow’s role is to take care of grandchildren and make grief her companion, Amelia takes a different path. She embarks on the most challenging year of her life.
She struggles to repair her broken relationship with her daughter and develops a second career in midlife. If she can find a way to allow herself to act in the face of her guilt and her daughter's disapproval, she may even find love again.
This heartfelt novel is the story of a courageous woman’s spiritual rebirth. As Amelia begins to rediscover herself, readers will share in her refusal to give in to loss or to accept anything less than a rich and meaningful life.

My review;

I just finished reading this book and I was totally moved by this novel of love and loss. I wasn't sure if I would be able to read this because a few years ago I lost my husband and I can really relate to the characters actions and feelings.  Amelia's life after becoming a widow is a story that many women have gone through. It was written with feeling. Once I stared reading this book I could not stop until I finished it. I give this book a 5/5 and I encourage others to read it. I was given this book for the purpose of  a review and all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ad1