3 Partners In Shopping, Nana, Mommy & Sissy

Thanks for stopping by!

My Button

My Button

Friday, October 24, 2014

Their name is Today by Johann Christoph Arnold Book Review













The Book



There's hope for childhood. Despite a perfect storm of hostile forces that are robbing children of a healthy childhood, courageous parents and teachers who know what's best for children are turning the tide.

Johann Christoph Arnold, whose books on education, parenting, and relationships have helped more than a million readers through life's challenges, draws on the stories and voices of parents and educators on the ground, and a wealth of personal experience. He surveys the drastic changes in the lives of children, but also the groundswell of grassroots advocacy and action that he believes will lead to the triumph of common sense and time-tested wisdom.

Their Name Is Today takes on technology, standardized testing, overstimulation, academic pressure, marketing to children, over-diagnosis and much more, calling on everyone who loves children to combat these threats to childhood and find creative ways to help children flourish. Every parent, teacher, and childcare provider has the power to make a difference, by giving children time to play, access to nature, and personal attention, and most of all, by defending their right to remain children.
                         

My review;
I was so excited to be able to read Their Name Is Today and I cannot begin to tell you how much I agreed with the author, Johann Christoph Arnold. I have always believed that children need to be allowed to be just that, children. I also think that parents have to get more involved in their child's education more than they are. I am so happy that this book has been written and everyone involved with children should read it. I give this book a 5/5. I got this book for the purpose of a review and all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ad1