3 Partners In Shopping, Nana, Mommy & Sissy

Thanks for stopping by!

My Button

My Button

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Thoughts About Independence Day and Homeschooling

      The 4th of July is a day for thanks. Thanks to all of those who have fought for our rights from the first Independence Day until today, and for future Independence Days. It is easy for us to forget what sacrifices others have made for our freedom to make our decisions.
       Which brings me to homeschooling. I wish that when Mommy, her sister's and brother were younger I had given thought to homeschooling all of them. When my children were younger it was almost unheard of. Many parents did not really understand what was happening in our public schools. While I was on the Board of Education in our town for 4 years I learned A LOT. One of the reasons I ever got involved in politics was because Mommy's little sister  http://dealsharingaunt.blogspot.com was going to a school of our choice and her transportation details were different than other kindergarten children in our town.
   The first time I ran for office my message was that we must protect our parental rights. I went on to share my message for over almost 30 years. And so, now that Mommy is homeschooling my grandchildren, I am so happy and very proud.  I guess what I said right along had some effect. It is not easy, but it is rewarding.
   Our children are just that, OUR CHILDREN.
    So, on this Independence Day July 4, 2013 I am very proud of ALL parents, grandparents and caregivers who are not afraid to speak up and let your voice be heard. Our children are our future,
and how we teach our children will affect their lives.  We have the right to share our beliefs.
                                                   Nana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ad1