3 Partners In Shopping, Nana, Mommy & Sissy

Thanks for stopping by!

My Button

My Button

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Dead Living by Glenn Bullion Book Review and Author Interview

Tour: Dead Living by Glenn Bullion


Dead Living
Glenn Bullion
Publication date: January 7th 2013
by Permuted Press
Genre: Horror/Zombies


It didn’t take long for the world to die. And it didn’t take long, either, for the dead to rise.

Born on the day everything ended, a world filled with the walking dead is the only one that Aaron knows. Kept in seclusion, his family teaches him the basics. How to read and write. How to survive.

Then Aaron makes a shocking discovery. The undead, who desire nothing but flesh, ignore him. It’s as if he’s invisible to them.

The survivors of the old suburb of Lexington call a high school their home. They live day to day, without any of the luxuries mankind used to enjoy. Samantha is a product of the new world. Alone, cold, looking out only for herself. She and the other residents of Lexington feel their hope dwindling. They need change. They need someone who can face the corpses. They need someone who can live in a city of the dead.

They need Aaron.






I live in Maryland with my wonderful wife and four cats. I love gaming, computer technology, movies, and of course, reading and writing. I love science fiction and especially horror and the paranormal. Ghosts, vampires, werewolves, zombies, anything supernatural, all beautiful subjects.

I’ve been writing since I was twelve years old. There’s just something about creating a story that I like. I always try come up with something that hasn’t been done, or is unique in some way. It could be someone with demonic powers, or something much more simple, such as a person that zombies ignore. It’s fun to create a character, give him or her a personality and background, and watch them evolve through a story.

I’ve tried other subjects, but always drift back to horror and paranormal. There’s a reason why we keep going back to horror movies and books, why they’ve made fifty Friday the 13th movies. People like to be scared, but more than that, I think paranormal and horror stir the imagination like nothing else. We’re all just a little nervous to open that closet door at midnight, or look under the bed.




June 24th
-My Seryniti  >> Review

June 25th
-Bea's Book Nook >>  Guest Post
-Book Twirps >> Review + Excerpt

June 26th
-Mind Reading?  >>  Guest Post

June 27th
-Rachel Tsoumbakos >>  Review
-Books of Love >> Review
-Comfort Books >> Excerpt

June 28th
-Challenging Reads  >> Review
-Paranormal Reads >>  Review

July 1st
-Tynga's Reviews >> Review + Interview
-Fic Fare >>  Review

July 2nd
-Smash Attack Reads  >> Guest Post

July 3rd
-deal sharing aunt >> Review + Interview 

July 4th
-Step Into Fiction >> Review
-Froggarita's Bookcase >> Review + Excerpt

July 5th
-Mom With A Kindle >> Review
-Paranormal Sisters >>  Review

July 8th
-jennreneeread >>  Review

July 9th
-All in One Place >> Review

July 10th
-Contagious Reads >> Review + Guest Post

July 11th

July 12th
-Books Are Magic  >> Review
-Bibliophile's Corner >> Review + Excerpt        
           



                                                 AUTHOR INTERVIEW




Hi, 
What was the first book that you ever wrote?


The first book I ever actually completed (plenty of unfinished WIPs floating around) was a novel called Demonspawn. I didn’t realize it at the time, but Demonspawn was the start of a consistent world I’ve revisited every so often, full of the supernatural. Essentially, it was the start of a series.

Demonspawn tells the story of Alex, an average twenty-something who finds out he has demonic powers. He must learn to accept his powers, as well as himself, as his world suddenly gets turned upside down. Vampires, ghosts, demons, quite a fun mix.
 
 
2. Have you always liked horror movies?   Did they scare you when you were younger/


Oh yeah, I’ve always loved horror movies. I even love the badly filmed, "eye roll" type movies. I think the horror genre has the most amount of imagination put into it. That probably sounds weird, considering horror movies are also famous for their formula. But there are so many ways to scare someone. I love the fact that a well-made horror movie can terrify someone by not showing something.

What child growing up wasn’t terrified by Freddy Krueger? And The Exorcist still brings chills.
 
 
 
Where did you get the idea for this book?



The idea for Dead Living came from a simple question. What could I do different in a zombie novel? It seems a lot of zombie tales are similar. I’ve been told by readers that many seem to be simply survival manuals disguised as a story. I wanted to try to create an entertaining tale that was different and stood on its own.

My main characters are always odd in some way, whether they’re supernatural, or magical, etc. So I wanted a main character who was unusual in a zombie apocalypse. And I thought "Why not have him be normal in a dead world?" The zombies would "accept" him, not try to hurt him. As plain as this sounds, I thought the concept could go in a lot of different directions. This simple fact would completely change his outlook on the world. It would make him a little more reckless, give him hope where other people would have none.
 
 
 
4. Will there be a sequel about other groups of survivors?



I’ve actually played with that idea, following a different camp somewhere in my zombie world. I’ve also had a few ideas of revisiting the main characters from the first novel. I do want to write a sequel, but I honestly don’t know where to go with it yet.
 
5. Will you write other stories other than just horror?


I have written other works besides horror, but every single one of them has had some sort of paranormal lean. It could be monsters, ghosts, demons, or something much more subtle, like a man who can project his mind. I think I’ll always stay in that area, the other-worldly, supernatural area. You’ll never catch me trying to write a romantic comedy. Just to give an idea:


Demonspawn – demons, ghosts, vampires

Dead Living – zombies

Mind Slide – psychic, mental projection

A Witch To Live – witches and vampires

Jack Kursed – a human cursed by a witch, and more vampires

Soul Insurance – a world where souls are visible and mingle with the living
 
 
Thank you very much for answering my questions.  Debra
Thank you much for letting me answer them. Always fun to reflect on the words you’ve written.
  My review,  Wow!  What a cool thought. What would you do if everyone around you was undead or one of a few survivors and you are the only person who is not affected by the undead?  It made me really stop and ask myself that very question. The author, Glenn Bullion has put a really different twist on a horror book of this type.  I give this book a 5/5. I really loved it!   I was given this book by Expresso Book Tours for the purpose of a review. All opinions are 100% my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ad1