A Killer Retreat
A Killer Retreat is a humorous mystery that will give the reader page after page of stress free enjoyment.
by Tracy Weber
This is such a fantastic read.Whether you are a yogi or not you will enjoy spending time with Kate, Bella, and their friends.
~Shelley’s Book Case
~Shelley’s Book Case
~Mocha’s Mysteries and Meows
Lots of mystery, lots of suspects, lot of Yoga, interesting characters and cute animals.A Killer Retreat, is the best sort of book. It’s one that raises awareness of important societal issues, explores the difficulties relationships present, makes us worry about the people and other animals who inhabit its pages, and, while doing all of that, still makes us laugh!
~Cozy Up With Kathy
As both a yogini and a dog lover, I particularly appreciated the way that Kate’s yoga practice and Bella (and her medical condition) were incorporated into the plot.Tracy Weber provides a page turning read with Killer Retreat, the second book in the Downward Dog Mystery series.
~Author Traci Andrighetti
~Author Traci Andrighetti
A Killer Retreat is told in first person, which gives you a great look into Kate’s crazy personality.The story has it all, action, drama, humor and romantic tension.
~Read Your Writes
~Read Your Writes
~Escape With Dollycas Into A Good Book
It ‘s a funny and compelling story, with amazing and a bit crazy characters. The mystery and the plot are well developed and intriguing…
Five Killer Destinations on Your Orcas Island Retreat
Guest Post; thank you so much for author Tracy Weber taking the time to be with us today.
The books in my Downward Dog Mystery series are all set in Pacific Northwest locations that I know and love. My second, A Killer Retreat, takes place on Orcas Island, a small wooded treasure off the Washington coast. The island is only accessible by ferry, so once you get there, you are truly an ocean away from it all.
Of course, no writing project would feel complete without research trips, and I took more than a few. If you’re ever near the Washington coast, be sure to visit my five favorite spots on Orcas. You’ll be glad you did.
Tracy’s Top Five Orcas Island Destinations
- Doe Bay Resort and Retreat. This relaxing retreat center sits on 38 acres and was one of several meditation centers that inspired my vision for the Elysian Springs Resort, which is at the heart of A Killer Retreat. Visitors can choose from houses, cabins, tent sites and yurts. My German shepherd, Tasha, says that if you take your dog—and who wouldn’t?—you should stay in Eden, the cabin right outside the garden. Tasha likes wandering along Doe Bay’s trail system, resting on the beach, and staring at the deer that graze in the fields surrounding the cabin.
- East sound. No vacation would be complete without wandering the streets of a quaint little town in which I can drink a margarita, browse through a local book store, and buy some can’t-live-without trinket. Eastsound fits all of these needs perfectly! The pie shop I reference in A Killer Retreat has unfortunately closed, but be sure to check out Kathryn Taylor designer chocolates!
- Olga. This tiny little town sits in halfway between Doe Bay and Eastsound. Its primary attractions are the Orcas Island Artworks Cooperative Gallery and Café Olga. The food is great, and I never manage to get out of the gallery without buying a memento or two. Both businesses are temporarily located in Eastsound due to a fire, but they will be back in their original location in spring of 2015.
- Mountain Lake Trail. Wandering along this trail is Tasha-dog’s favorite part of every Orcas Island vacation. The three-and-a-half-mile loop hugs the lake’s coastline and is home to a variety of Northwest vegetation and wildlife. As day hikes go, it’s relatively easy. Even my husband can manage to make it all the way around, so grandma and your toddler will probably be fine.
- Pawkis. This may not be an official tourist destination, but no trip with Fido is complete without a visit to the local pet food store. This fun Eastsound business offers healthy pet food, treats, toys, and beach essentials including doggie lifejackets. For dogs with sensitive stomachs, they offer single ingredient treats like Tasha-dog’s favorite, dehydrated lamb lung. (Gross!)
The above are only a small sampling of what Orcas island has to offer. Much of it can’t be easily described; the rest is a forested playground of beaches, open green fields, and cliff-side ocean views. Believe me—and my yoga teacher/sleuth Kate—once you arrive, you might never want to leave.
A Killer Retreat: A Downward Dog Mystery #2 (Downward Dog Mysteries)
- Series: Downward Dog Mysteries (Book 2)
- Publisher: Midnight Ink (January 8, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0738742090
- ISBN-13: 978-0738742090
Yogi Kate must clear her name of murder in this charming yoga mysteryWhen Kate Davidson gets an offer to teach yoga classes to wedding guests at the Elysian Springs resort, she jumps at the opportunity, even though it means being forced to endure the wedding ceremony of the center’s two caretakers.
Avoiding the M-word turns out to be the least of Kate’s problems when a wedding guest is found floating face-down in the resort’s hot tub, shortly after a loud, public (and somewhat embarrassing) fight with Kate. The police pick Kate as their number-one suspect, so she’s forced to team up with boyfriend Michael, best friend Rene, and German shepherd sidekick Bella to find the real killer. But they’ll have to solve the murder before the police arrest Kate, or her next gig may last a lifetime–behind bars.
About This Author
Tracy Weber is the author of the award-winning Downward Dog Mysteries series featuring yoga teacher Kate and her feisty German shepherd, Bella. Tracy loves sharing her passion for yoga and animals in any form possible. The second book in her series, A Killer Retreat, is available January 8, 2015, by Midnight Ink.
Tracy and her husband live in Seattle with their challenging yet amazing German shepherd Tasha. When she’s not writing, Tracy spends her time teaching yoga, walking Tasha, and sipping Blackthorn cider at her favorite ale house.
For more information, visit her online at TracyWeberAuthor.com and WholeLifeYoga.com.
- Author Links
Amazon B&N Book Depository
Great sounding book! I'd love to visit Orcas Island!ReplyDelete
Orcas Island looks amazing! I would love to visit.ReplyDelete
I do enjoy doing relaxing yoga before going to bed so I was pleasantly surprised there is a cozy yoga mystery series. A Killer Retreat sounds like a great read, and I am looking forward to the book.
thank you very useful information admin, and pardon me permission to share articles here may help :ReplyDelete
Manfaat qnc jelly gamat
Cara menyembuhkan tetanus
Obat gerd ampuh
Obat jantung koroner tradisional
Obat tenggorokan sakit ampuh
Cara menyembuhkan cystitis
Obat nyeri dada sebelah kanan ampuh