3 Partners In Shopping, Nana, Mommy & Sissy

Thanks for stopping by!

My Button

My Button

Sunday, September 4, 2011

ARE UNIFORMS A GOOD IDEA FOR PUBLIC SCHOOLS ?

About 5 years ago when Nana (me) was on the Board of Education in our town we kept on discussing and coming back again and again to this very question. There was a meeting where many many students and parents came to voice their opposition.





Well, this year after all these years of discussion it has finally come to fruition. I always understood the reluctance of some to give up wearing their own choices ,who believe that this is a way to show their own identity, but of more importance I believe is the fact that school work is more important than a fashion show. What some do not understand until they participate is that it is a lot cheaper to cloth a child with uniforms then it is to have to have different cloths each day.





When a child wears uniforms you need probably 5 shirts, 3 or 4 pairs of pants and or skirts if a girl. Someone may think that because the shirts might be about 20 dollars each that you were not going to be able to afford this. It equals out to be about $250.00 for the whole year. There is no way that I know of that I would be able to use only this amount for a whole school year





The students all look similar, and there is no peer pressure because of the cloths. They are able to concentrate on their schooling. I totally believe that uniforms are a great idea for our children. I would hope that all schools entertain the idea .






3 comments:

  1. Debs Dealz stopping in from the Good Friends Just Click Hop to follow you via GFC and Facebook. Please return the follows!!

    Also let me know if you are interested in exchanging buttons! :-)

    Thanks, Debbie

    http://www.debsdealz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, stopping by from the hop, I hope you can follow me back.
    http://granitestatesavers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be quite honest, I think uniforms would be cheaper for parents! School uniforms are modestly priced. It doesn't stifle creativity --- it just forces them to express their taste in clothing at home. I'd support a casual Friday occasionally where they could wear other clothes as a compromise.

    But I look at 8 dollar pants and 5 dollar shirts and think, wow. Parents with kids in parochial schools have it made with BTS shopping!

    ReplyDelete

Ad1