3 Partners In Shopping, Nana, Mommy & Sissy

Thanks for stopping by!

My Button

My Button

Monday, October 29, 2012

Hurricane Sandy is almost here!!!

   So it's just about here! We have been talking and hearing about Hurricane Sandy all week. Our television stations have forgotten about the presidential election. I guess that could be a good thing, a lot of people I have talked to are kind of sick of listening about it.
   Well, back to the hurricane, it looks like most of our family members will be home around noon. We are hoping that their companies close down.  The threat of severe flooding is very real. If you live near our shoreline there is a mandatory evacuation. They are closing our highways in the state. They are not allowing any trucks into Connecticut.  They are saying that a lot of us will lose power which could last for days just like last this time last year. We were without power for 8 days but my sister was without power for 11 days. It doesn't seem possible in today's day in age but it is a huge task trying to put electricity back up to over 500,000 customers.
   The newest report is that they will be closing all highways to trucks at 11:00am and all non-emergency personnel at 1:00pm.  I hope that we do not lose power here again. we lost our lights our phones and the cell phones were overloaded. You know it's pretty back when DUNKIN DONUTS  is almost out of coffee!
  The most important thing in all of this is that people are safe. There are some people along the coast that did not want to leave last year and one of the reasons was that they could not take their pets. This year they have shelters that allow people to bring their pets. I am so happy! I know that I would not be able to leave my pets behind.
    We have some giveaways ending soon and some starting soon. We will start them as soon as possible and try to stay on as long as we have power.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ad1