3 Partners In Shopping, Nana, Mommy & Sissy

Thanks for stopping by!

My Button

My Button

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A VERY EASY DELICIOUS APPLE PIE

     I really love apples, apple cake, apple pies, applesauce, even the smell of apples!  I cannot, no matter how much I have tried make an apple pie!  Mommy can make the best apple pies, I did not teach her.
    I remembered when I was younger my sister found this recipe in a book and it was called Lucy's Apple Pie!  My kind of pie, simple and delicious. I have been known to change it a little bit but believe me this is wonderful.
    5 medium apples peeled and cored.
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/4 cup water
    1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon  & a dash of salt 
here is where you can add nutmeg.  If you want to you can make the filling only, and use as applesauce

Slice apples into saucepan. Add water, sugar,cinnamon and salt. Cook covered stirring frequently until the water is gone. Do not burn the apples. Cook on medium after starting to boil, for about 15 minutes Test to see if the apples are tender with a fork. Stir the apples and mash to the apples to your preference. This is your applesauce.
 Take this mixture and put into 8 inch pan. It is probably a good idea to use glass so you can see it cook.
The topping is made with;

1 cup flour
6 tablespoons of soft butter
1/2 cup scant brown sugar,could be light or dark
dash of cinnamon
Use your fingers to blend ingredients together. Sprinkle this over the  filling, Bake at 375 degrees until edge is brown and golden. Serve this with whip cream and or vanilla ice cream.
This is made with ingredients you probably have on hand. Please let me know how you like yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ad1