3 Partners In Shopping, Nana, Mommy & Sissy

Thanks for stopping by!

My Button

My Button

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Michal's Window A Novel: King David's First Wife by Rachelle Ayala Book Review

Michal's Window by Rachelle Ayala tells the story of Michal, King David's first wife in a beautiful touching way. Michal, who is the daughter of King Saul meets a poor boy named David when he comes to help her father. She immediately falls in love with David as does David fall in love with her. David kills Goliath and they marry. This is not the end of their problems but the beginning. King Saul is jealous so he tries to kill David. Michal helps him escape even though she could be killed for helping him. We follow and learn about Michal trying to be reunited with David. David eventually becomes King David. Mical had a very hard life. I suggest that you get a box of tissues before you start to read her story. It is a story of love and hate and of a woman who has her life take terrible turns. I really liked the book and had a wonderful time reading about the history of the era. I had trouble putting it down because I became very interested in Michal's sad life. I would refer the book to anyone who loves history of the Bible. Even though some liberties were taken it was well written. I was given this book by Tomoson and the author for a review. All opinions are 100% my own.I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to read this. Biblical fiction must have some liberties taken since there is so little detail provided. One of my favorite biblical love stories is one told by Lois T. Henderson called "Abigail" (it's about Abigail and David). Thanks for a great review.

    ReplyDelete

Ad1