3 Partners In Shopping, Nana, Mommy & Sissy

Thanks for stopping by!

My Button

My Button

Friday, July 6, 2012

CROCKPOT SLOW COOKER RECIPE FOR BEEF STROGANOFF

I was trying to think of something different to cook in the crockpot instead of my favorite chicken when I thought that something over noodles might be good for a change, I was also hoping that the kids would like it.  I took a piece of steak that I had bought (could be a small steak, a london broil , or any kind) cut it into small slices. I placed them in a crock pot/ slow cooker. Now comes the fun part! You can put in anything you want or your family might like. I cut up mushrooms, sweet vidalia onions, (I love these this time of year), 1 cup of beef broth,  cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 5 hours.
When almost done mix 11/2 cups of sour cream, and 1/2 cup of flour. It is best to use a quick cooking flour. Add to the beef and stir well. Cover and cook on high for about 30 minutes.
This will be really good served over noodles! I opened up a can of corn and I was all done!

You might want to add salt and pepper. My husband was diabetic so I got in the habit of not adding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ad1