3 Partners In Shopping, Nana, Mommy & Sissy

Thanks for stopping by!

My Button

My Button

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

VERY EASY DAY COOKING ON CHRISTMAS !!!

We have been on a roller coaster this past week. Bobo and Sissy have been sick right through Christmas. Mommy and Daddy were sick,too. It still was a nice Christmas. We had decided this year, thank goodness. to make it as simple as possible.
One of the gifts that I, Nana got for Christmas from my sister was the cookbook called 365 Slow Cooker Recipes. I had thought for 3 days what recipe I wanted to use for Christmas. We were already having a turkey so I wanted a different kind of meat. Mommy and I decided to get a pork loin. The recipe was so easy I am going to use it all the time and by just changing the spices it is a different taste every time. We took the 2 pieces and rinsed them off. I don't know why, I just did because Mommy said to! Then we put them in the crockpot . We sprinkled garlic powder, some parsley and some rosemary. Then we put in about 1/2 cup of water. We put it on low and 4 1/2 hours later just when the turkey was done we took it out. It was delicious and was so easy. I envision next time using dill and many other different spices.
The starch was baked potatoes with different toppings. How much easier could this be? I was able to enjoy the day with Bobo and Sissy! I will even use this on any occasion where I want to get other things done while cooking a nice deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ad1