3 Partners In Shopping, Nana, Mommy & Sissy

Thanks for stopping by!

My Button

My Button

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

BIRTHDAYS ARE ALMOST HERE AGAIN !

I cannot believe that in a few short weeks it will be Bobo's and Sissy's Birthdays. They were born a year and a week apart ! They act like twins, always watching out for each other , and always wondering where the other is and when the other will be home. Last year Bobo wanted a Thomas the Train cake and we did our best to make one. Sissy wanted a Cinderella cake . We made that one , too !You can see pictures of both of these cakes (which I think came out pretty good for a first try) on Mommy's sister's blog http://www.dealsharingaunt.blogspot.com/ . It is a lot more frugal to make your own cake for someone's Birthday instead of buying one . Once you buy the special cake pan the only cost when you use it again is for the cake and frosting mixes. When Mommy was little, Nana (thats me ) , went to the Wilton Cake Decorating Store , which happened to be in our town at the time , and bought the carriage and horses for her cake . I never attempted a castle cake . I was happy to put the coach and horses on the cake. Not sure what they want this year, we are still thinking about it . There is nothing more fun and memory making when my grandchildren decorate their cake the way they want it . We make a mess but oh what fun we have making it !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ad1