3 Partners In Shopping, Nana, Mommy & Sissy

Thanks for stopping by!

My Button

My Button

Monday, May 13, 2013

Lesson in Town Awareness & Seeing Eye Dogs

The other day I had to go to a breakfast meeting at my town and I took Sissy with me. While I was walking in holding her hand I thought about when I first got involved in serving and giving back to our town. Mommy's little sister Auntie Vicky http://dealsharingaunt.blogspot.com was the same age when I used to take her along everywhere. I hope that my being involved has taught my children that it is a good thing to give back to your town.  Anyway to get back to my story, Sissy and I went in and sat next to a lady that I know who has a seeing eye dog. She told Sissy all about seeing eye dogs and what they do. When we got home we couldn't wait to tell Mommy and Bobo. I also explained that I used to be one of those people who got up and talked to people about their issues and what they could do to help them. Another example of getting one on one teaching. It happens everyday, you just have to be ready to realize a opportunity and take advantage of it.  Nana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ad1